If you become concerned in any way about your child’s education or life at school, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible. A first step is to discuss the problem with your child’s teacher. If you are still concerned after this, you should talk to the Headteacher or one of the  Governors. Please do not feel worried; staff are keen to resolve any concern and ensure that you are happy with your child’s education and entitlement.

There may be some occasions when parents wish to complain about matters relating to the National Curriculum, Religious Education and Collective Worship which are the responsibility of the Governing Body, and the Local Authority. A formal procedure exists for dealing with matters of this kind. It is hoped that all problems can be resolved informally, but copies of a document outlining the formal procedure are available in school. Advice on how to pursue a formal complaint is also available from the Schools Section, Education Department, 5 Portland Square, Carlisle CA1 1PU Telephone No 01228 606060.

Parents can also refer to Ofsted’s Parent View website