To broaden and deepen their French studies the Y5/6 class can explore some of these tasks:
- Make a French illustrated dictionary for all words associated with school including equipment and subjects e.g. stylo (pen), professeure (teacher/ female), livre (book).
- Draw a real/ imaginary French town or city map and label it is French e.g. le poste de police (police station), bibliotheque (library), sports centre, musee (museum).
- Do some role play with your family and teach them how to introduce themselves in French and say a few things about who they are e.g. age/ favourite colour/ where they live.
To further enhance their French Learning the Y3/4 children could try some of these things:
- Learn the months of the year in French - why not make up a song or look for something online that French children learn to remember their months in order. (remember to always get supervision/ permission when using the internet).
- Find out about important celebrations in France and how the French celebrate them. Make an information leaflet or PowerPoint for other students who don't know anything about them.
- Teach your family three new French words every Monday after the French lesson and make a French word board at home. Maybe draw a picture to help you (and your family) remember it.