Y3 and 4 are learning all about Pilgrimage in the Spring Term 2021. Why not try to do some of these activities:
1. Design a Postcard for popular places of Pilgrimage e.g. Jerusalem. Think carefully about the 'photo/ image' that might fit on the postcard. You could then imagine that you are writing to friends or family back home and tell them how you are feeling now that you have reached your destination.
2. Pretend that you are a pilgrim and keep a diary of your thoughts and feelings as you prepare and then embark on your pilgrimage/ special journey.
Y5/6 in the Spring Term 21 are Learning about WORSHIP.
Why not do some of these activities:
1. Create a piece of art that shows all the things that have 'worth' to you personally.
2. Make up your own prayer that focuses on anything that is important to you e.g. caring for nature, tolerance to others or feeling grateful, etc. Illustrate your prayer.
3. Listen to some religious music from religions that you know about - record what the pieces are called and how they make you feel.
4. Ask for permission to research religious art and try to find out why it was created and who the artist was.
5. Ask for permission to watch some Liturgical dance ( scared dance in Christianity). How does it make you feel? Consider why people wish to choreograph and perform it.
5. Make a poster about the importance of religious freedom or find out about a person that has fought for religious freedom or been denied it.
World Views and Religion – key stage 2
The students in Y5/6 are learning about concepts of Freedom and Justice. Why not try some of the activities below:
1. Design a flag or logo to represent Freedom or Justice.
2. Make a fact-file about Nelson Mandela's life.
3. Make a Black Lives Matter poster.
4. Prepare an assembly on the theme of Justice or Freedom.
Y3/4 are learning about Christianity and what it means to be a Christian. Why not do some of the activities below:
1. Interview a Christian and find out about their beliefs.
2. Make an information leaflet for a person that knows nothing about Christianity.
3. Prepare an assembly / PowerPoint on Christian Festivals and share it with your friends.
4. Read a Children's Bible. Find a story from the New Testament and a story from the Old Testament. Draw a scene from the story.